Old part numbers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Koberting

Dec 4, 2016
Moores Hill
I'm looking for replacement parts. I only have the old part numbers, it's for an adaptor it's listed as fisher part number 125-103 or dura-vent part number 8672. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's not a replacement part. It is a currently made adapter for Dura-Vent double wall pipe. Home Depot is the largest supplier of DuraVent parts and accessories. I've seen them stocked there at different times, (usually stock 6 inch that also comes with the same Adams damper supplied with the stove #1679) and they are still the exact part that came with the stoves when purchased in kit form. Fisher put together installation kits made from DuraVent parts. (Simpson at the time) DuraVent also made special parts like mobile home intake pipes and floor protectors for mobile home and the HUD approved stoves. There were no part numbers for Fisher Stove parts, they were drawing numbers. The first number corresponds with the stove model number designation that was only used internally, the second hyphenated number was the piece made by fabricators to the drawing specs. When it came to parts supplied by outside manufacturers, they simply used the same format designating their own number to the item.

The 6 inch adapter is shown in the Goldilocks manual, both on the cover and in an exploded view on page 12. https://www.hearth.com/images/uploads/Goldilocks_Manual.pdf
The drawing looks like single wall pipe, but you can see the outer pipe fits OVER the stove collar and it has an inner pipe (not shown) that is crimped and fits INSIDE. It is a very loose fit, and actually spins free when installed if you try to rotate it without screws into collar.

This is what they look like;
Without damper; http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Adapter-Section?gclid=CMqb9Pvd29ACFcZLDQodHCIJ5Q#259Diameter:6"
If Home Depot has it with damper it's usually cheaper.
IF you have an 8 inch stove, you need a damper as well for open door burning with screen in place.
http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Chimney/Chimney-Systems/Adapter-Damper-Section

Good info, thank you. Home Depot didn't have jack for wood stove supplies the last several times I've checked. I will check at Pro X after work tomorrow. Is the price listed on the link you supplied the going rate?

It not only needs to fit the stove, but has to be correct for the installation clearances.
I can't answer that until I know exactly what model Fisher you are hooking up, and clearance to nearest combustible. (with or without approved heat shield)
The 8 inch is for the Fireplace Series, but it also requires a damper.
Do you need to connect to double wall or single wall pipe?
If connecting to an older Fireplace Series stove such as Grandma I or Grandpa I, you simply cut the pipe to desired length and crimp the end (over-crimp by hand) until it fits into stove connector. All older stoves used 6 or 8 inch OD which made a tight fit of the male connector pipe requiring further crimping.
Newer models (after 1980) such as Grandma III or Grandpa III are made with 8 inch ID pipe to fit stove pipe without over-crimping.
Newer Bear Series stoves (after 1980) are made with 6 inch ID to fit stove pipe withtout over-crimping as well.

If you are using new seamless pipe, (the best) crimp it to fit instead of adapters.

I have a refurbished older model Grandpa (it has a 76 on right hand door) with an 8" pipe. I am using single wall pipe with a fire brick surround. I installed a damper in the pipe itself so one is not needed on the adapter.

The part number referenced by the original poster is a 6 inch adapter for the Bear Series 6 inch stoves. It is NOT what you need for Grandpa Fireplace Series.
That is why I gave links to 6 inch adapters not knowing the model they were connecting and going by their part numbers.

If this is a rear or side vent, use the side of a Tee OVER the stove connector and cap the bottom.
If this is a top vent;
Using a regular piece of 8 inch connector pipe, crimp the male end (down) smaller to fit into the stove flue pipe. You'll find prying outward on the crimper as you make the crimp smaller keeps the pipe end from getting funnel shaped so it stays somewhat parallel with the flue pipe on the stove.

There were no adapters made when this stove was designed in 1976, but there are 8 inch adapters for those without crimpers that want a pre-made pipe to fit older stoves with the smaller pipe without fabricating your own which was normally done much cheaper. (you will use crimpers every time you cut pipe, so you should have a pair anyway)
The adapter for your stove is sku#1877 or Duravent # 8 DBK-AD

It should fit the stove, no guarantee fitting your connector pipe. That is the 8DBK-AD.

This is for Durablack pipe to fit the top. If you didn't just buy the pipe new to know what it is, you can tell Durablack by the male end. It won't have crimps, the ends are formed to size smooth and fit nice. IF you have regular connector pipe (cheaper than Durablack) that you put together with the seam, the pipe will be extremely loose and not fit the adapter using the factory crimped end.
This is why I suggested to crimp your own to fit. You could have a smaller pipe on the stove that requires an adapter to be crimped smaller as well.
Fabricators bought pipe locally that was 6 or 8 inch OD. Depending on the pipe thickness, the INSIDE can vary. Later stoves used pipe made to fit the OD of stove pipe. This was ALL older stoves, it is not Fisher specific.

So if you have regular cheap connector pipe like this

stovepipe.jpg

You need this;
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002RI8ZA/?tag=hearthamazon-20

Yeah, I have the seamed cheaper pipe, and luckily I have a crimper already. So would you recommend just recrimping the pipe I have? I really can't afford the other adapter.

UM, post #7 above;

If connecting to an older Fireplace Series stove such as Grandma I or Grandpa I, you simply cut the pipe to desired length and crimp the end (over-crimp by hand) until it fits into stove connector. All older stoves used 6 or 8 inch OD which made a tight fit of the male connector pipe requiring further crimping.