Older Blaze King King, advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hass

Minister of Fire
Mar 20, 2011
Alabama, NY
I have a chance to purchase an older BKK on craigs (waiting for response on what year it is)

Any of you guys able to tell anything about it?
I'm really wanting to jump on a new stove, preferrably a princess/chinook since I'm only heating 800sq/ft.
However, if it's going to save me 3k this year, I'll deal with getting sweated out in shoulder season.
He only wants $150 for the stove and all piping. I'm not sure if that includes piping leaving the house as well, it's probably worth it to just buy that alone if it is! lol.

Were all BKK stoves catalytic?
I really enjoy the idea of the long low burns, with minimal creosote buildup.
If I can get a similar result from this stove, I'll jump on it.

Even if I can't use it in the house for being overkill... I might buy it anyway for when my garage is up.

Attachments

• 3pd3oe3l35T65R45S1b3r8cb19ba023b21968.jpg
    3pd3oe3l35T65R45S1b3r8cb19ba023b21968.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 543
Get the model number, but it looks like the non-cat BK.

That's a non-cat King it appears. I have an old Princess, just like it only smaller. ( I have a Baby Blaze, too)

This one is a top vent, they also came rear vent. Cannot tell from the side ceramics if they have holes in them, if they do, it came with a blower. The King has a nice big firebox, but it will nowhere come close to the burn times of the newer generation catalytic BK's built in the past several years. However, these older Blazes, as both of mine are, are formidable heaters.

Items to check for wear/replacement are the firebricks and the door gasket. The stove will run away with a loose fitting door caused by a wore out door gasket.

$150 seems like a good deal to me. With a couple 3M scuff pads and some stove black, that thing will look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.