older blaze king

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would post the questions so someone could respond to them. The manuals for the older units are on the website.

thank you old, on my stove, you cant open the bypass door without opening the loading door first. i' ve owend stoves for years i always open the damper door ( in this case bipass door) before the loading door so the smoke doesent come in the house. once the loading door is open, you can open the bipass door. with bipass open, you cant close the loading door, theres a steel rod that doesent let the door close, that rod goes in when the bipass door is closed. now this leaves me with a open loading door, and a closed bipass door. puffs smoke in the house. sorry for the long post, but it's the only way i can explane it. thank you very much

Yes, that is the way the Blaze King is set up. Again, had mine since 1986. Really never had smoke escape into the house unless it was a small smouldering fire. Sometimes, with this type of slow burn, I would actually get a small pop from the igniting gasses that would scare the crap out of me. It was a great stove for us for a long time. Really miss it.

truckerkev said:
ct, what do you meen post so someone can answer

All I meant is ask away and someone will most likely respond instead of asking if you can ask a question...

Does the manual say anything about this..like why?

thank you, i didn't know if i was missing somthing. i've only had it hooked up 2 days, lighting little fires ( not knowing what to expect) and it's been unbelivable. it has been warm today, but i think im going to let it rip tonight. thanks again for the help.
ct im not to computer savy, i thought i posted where not everyone could see. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.