Older steel stove Identification help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NHbeechfired

Oct 17, 2021
Central New Hampshire
Can anyone identify this stove? It was in the shop when we purchased our home. It’s welded steel construction, no baffles, firebrick lined and quite large. It will heat my entire 1200 square foot shop but devours wood. I’d love to improve its efficiency but I’m not sure that there’s much to be done about that.

4187AC21-F919-4143-89E2-DC99FE70F9C4.jpeg 7910A278-C78A-4562-BEF9-96DD6A2CF136.jpeg

That's the first I have seen this one. What a tank!

I have seen many stove online but never this one. This stove is a very interesting design. I have never seen a primary air intake in this location. It should heat your shop with no problem.

I have seen many stove online but never this one. This stove is a very interesting design. I have never seen a primary air intake in this location. It should heat your shop with no problem.
It does heat the shop well, but man does it devours wood in the process! I can keep the shop(32X48 with 16 ‘ ceilings) at 65 easily when it’s in the teens out.

I would almost bet this is a DIY build.
The little doubt I have is with the ornamental pieces on the doors. Remainder of the stove screams simple fab work to me.
Just my 2 cents.

I would almost bet this is a DIY build.
The little doubt I have is with the ornamental pieces on the doors. Remainder of the stove screams simple fab work to me.
Just my 2 cents.
You may very well be correct, I’ve thought the same thing at times. The ornamental pieces on the front could be from anything, otherwise it’s a very simple build, and could very well be a one off that someone put together.

Reactions: all night moe