Older Thelin gnome burn pot fix......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdw1219

Jan 27, 2013
Suffern NY
Hey guys thought i would share this with you. I have an older Thelin gnome pellet stove. While its burning i notice that occasionally pellets will overshoot or bounce over the burn pot and land in the side pits or on the ledge in front of the glass. I know what your thinking and no my pellets aren't overloading its burning perfect. While in our local stove shop i noticed the newer stoves have an updated burn pot with a higher "backboard". The side closest to glass. So i figured rather than buy a new updated one, i took mine outside and welded on a piece to the back. Problem solved, ran it all day yesterday and had no runaway pellets down the sides or in front of glass on ledge. Had a picture but i may have deleted it. Hope this helps anyone with a similar issue.

Found them ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359671739.635590.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359671750.976639.jpg

Nice work. I too have an older gnome, did you also bend sides to be in straight upright position?? I have always thought of designing a deeper burn pot for my gnome. Thanks for pics

Status
Not open for further replies.