O'malley Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

draggin94

Jan 9, 2020
Warsaw VA
Good afternoon all. I have a KP130 King pellet stove that's 1 year old. Last year it ran like a champ kept it clean and its wonderful.

This year while getting ready for winter I found O'malley pellets is made here in town so 200 dollars a ton was not bad and 5 min away. Now they did have a fire last fall and lost their entire inventory so these are all fresh new pellets and I wonder if that's whats causing my issues.

The pellets burn, and burn great. BUT..... I get a solid clunker in my burn pot after 1 day of burning. I have never had this issue before. Reading my manual says about checking seals to ensure its burning correct but i think it is more pellet related. Any thoughts?

Welcome. Power pellets are their sister brand as well. For 200/ton, thats a good deal if you dont mind the clinkers. My local options are limited. I can get Lignetics, Hamer/Southern States, TSC brand, or Power Pellets (250/ton).

Good afternoon all. I have a KP130 King pellet stove that's 1 year old. Last year it ran like a champ kept it clean and its wonderful.

This year while getting ready for winter I found O'malley pellets is made here in town so 200 dollars a ton was not bad and 5 min away. Now they did have a fire last fall and lost their entire inventory so these are all fresh new pellets and I wonder if that's whats causing my issues.

The pellets burn, and burn great. BUT..... I get a solid clunker in my burn pot after 1 day of burning. I have never had this issue before. Reading my manual says about checking seals to ensure its burning correct but i think it is more pellet related. Any thoughts?
I BURNED a ton couple years ago. Could not wait to finish the ton. HARDEST speed bumps known to man!! Had to really chisel some of them. Too much mineral content in there recipe. Sounds like they haven't changed.