OMG I am really starting to hate my Austroflamm Pellet Stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching this from the standpoint of an old Engineering Tech and former Austroflamm owner (who misses the old stove a lot) and there are some checks that hasn't been mentioned yet; I recall from pages back that you got this stove used, so I'm wondering if it may not have been right for a while...
I used to be pretty good at finding insidious stuff like this, so maybe I can be of help:
  1. Are each one of the wires from point-to-point (motor to board, sensor(s) to board, etc) good? Check this with the stove unplugged, and using both patience and the ohms scale on your ohmmeter. Any point-to-point test with infinite (or nearly so) resistance means a broken wire.
  2. As you pull connectors apart, what is the condition of the individual connections themselves? You'll need a magnifying glass to make sure the female half of the connection inside the plug works correctly (each should have a 'leaf' that makes sliding contact with the male pins) and those contact areas are in good shape. Don't forget to test the single-lug push-on connectors. They should 'grab' well and be wiggle-free.
  3. Carefully examine the wiring diagram and check the color codes of the wires and their position in the terminal blocks against what the book says. This shouldn't take too long as there aren't that many to check. I say this because I've received new replacement parts where the connector was wired incorrectly.

Hope this helps, everything I've read to this point seems to say we've got a bad wire or a bad connector somewhere. And good luck!

Reactions: Mark_ms
Hey Guys so sorry for not getting back with answers to questions. I used to get email notices when someone replied to my threads now I don't so I didn't think anyone replied. Sorry about that will check daily myself now
I have sent the 3 boards circuit, air, and user control to Joe Narduzzi for checking. So I can't perform all the tests yet. I am currently working on the other tests suggested. At least when I get them back I will know they are working properly or will replace again and they will be working.

I do know the air sensor was installed correctly. Have to go out and get chores done now will post some answers / photos later today. I sure do appreciate you all helping me.

here is picture of terminal block removed and from different angles

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 193
Yes auger motor is Merkel Korff 1 RPM

Joe says all my boards - circuit, air, and user are working fine. He is sending a wiring harness now.

Problem SOLVED..........new wiring harness did the trick. Stove has been running 15 minutes PAST all other failure times/spots. Dare I hope the problem is in the past? Nice bright active flame now so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Reactions: Flammam
Problem SOLVED..........new wiring harness did the trick. Stove has been running 15 minutes PAST all other failure times/spots. Dare I hope the problem is in the past? Nice bright active flame now so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

AH-HA!!!! OK, it took longer than I had hoped but I knew you could save the old girl. You'll be very happy with the stove. I'm sitting in front of mine right now and had to turn it down. It's 78 in my house right now. Congrats on the fix! You have enough spares to keep it running 20 years.

Yes I was determined to tame the "old girl" I knew I could do it eventually and yeh, lots of parts for spares. Cost me some but I got her cheap. (probably previous owners gave up on her) And like you said should be good for 20 years - - if I live that long LOL

3 1/2 hours and running perfect!

Problem SOLVED..........new wiring harness did the trick
:) high five...!
Our Austro lasted some 20 years of good, hard use. Finally had to say 'Adios' because I couldn't find parts for it anymore, at that point all imports of parts had ceased, cheap copies were being made but with different 'innards'. Loved that stove, it was literally falling apart when I sold it to someone who needed a good Gen1 circuit board. And now look: you can find parts for them again... Found an old pic, had owned it 5 years at this point.

Attachments

• henry by the stove.jpg
    henry by the stove.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: RancherPacker
Status
Not open for further replies.