On Topic, But Off... Temp Monitoring.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Crazy Dave

Oct 30, 2012
Central PA
Hi all!

Been creeping here, learning and watching over the years. You all helped me with my Breckwell P24FS years ago. She's still going strong, aside from the usual blower replacements every few years. Love this forum! Even if it's not your exact stove, you can learn a lot!!!

Anyway, I have a bi-level house (about 2400sqft) .... used to be all baseboard electric, but haven't turned any of them on since we bought the stove. Heats a hell of a lot better than the baseboards, for roughly the same cost.... Haven't done the math recently though.... But anyway, recently, I purchased some Govee bluetooth thermometers, and now I'm obsessed!!! (Amazon product ASIN B0CBQF6L2H)

I'm looking to figure how to move the air around the house as efficiently as possible, so I bought these little buggers to see how they do. The thermometers connect to the phone, and pull in temp and humidity... I question the humidity readings though... I started with 2, and now have 4. One monitoring outside temp, one downstairs where the stove is, one in the upstairs living room, and one in the bedroom (upstairs furthest from the stove). The app is pretty good... graphs and all, but it lacks the feature I wish for the most!!! One single graph of all the monitors readings in one chart.

But!!!!..... I can export the data from all of the sensors!!! .csv format. I can work it into excel (Pivot Chart) to get a chart close to what I'm looking for, but am just wondering is anyone has found an easier way?

I'm electronically inclined to an extent, but am not looking for a constant monitor...... just something I can look at once in a while to see if a change is working, or is not.

Anyone have any insight? I'm not trying to work w/ home assistant, google, or anything of the like....... Just looking for an easy way to make, what seems to be, would be a simple graph!!!
graph.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Dave

Reactions: ARC
if you put them in the same position do they all agree with approximately the same values?

I have 3 of the Govee temp sensors. What you're asking for makes sense but I don't have any immediate thoughts on how to make it happen.

I meant, before starting with experiments to move air, put your meters in the same room, close to each other, and make sure that they detect approximately the same parameters

Yes.... Straight out of the box, I put them side by side with other thermometers to get a good consensus.... So, I believe they are fairly accurate, as far as I'm concerned.

My beef is with the graph. I know I'm not the only one here that is interested! Excel does ok for looking at a day, but would be nice to pick a day or an outside temp. and be able to zoom in and process what you're looking at, among the multiple graphs! .... maybe I need to switch to a programming / coding forum.... LOL... It seems so easy, but it isn't!

Yes.... Straight out of the box, I put them side by side with other thermometers to get a good consensus.... So, I believe they are fairly accurate, as far as I'm concerned.

My beef is with the graph. I know I'm not the only one here that is interested! Excel does ok for looking at a day, but would be nice to pick a day or an outside temp. and be able to zoom in and process what you're looking at, among the multiple graphs! .... maybe I need to switch to a programming / coding forum.... LOL... It seems so easy, but it isn't!
if you have photoshop, or install it it is possible to superimpose various images and see all the graphs at the same time, this is how I would know how to do it