One for the History books

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that "Is as it was" so to speak.

That is exactly what sits in my grandmothers basement.

I am willing to bet that he will get that 500 he is asking too.

I know many burners that just love these old workhorses.

pen

Back in the day that was an excellent stove and came highly recommended. I wouldn't bet my life on it but I'm almost sure it didn't have shaker grates or an ash tray....that's why at the time we got a Shenandoah stove. Good buy imo

Back then I was convinced we couldn't exist without an ash tray/shaker grate stove. Now I realize it's no big deal.

I lived with almost the exact stove for many years, ALL NIGHTER-BIG MOE.

They were a great stove back then but a real smoke dragon for sure and not nearly as efficient as what we can buy today. I believe all these companies got shut down with the EPA regulations.

A buddy still has my old Big Moe and is a competent welder who wishes to do some inside tweeking and possibly add a baffel plate to aid in efficiency. It is very hard to find info on what can be done with these old monsters to bring them up to todays standards.

They certainly were well made, just not as well designed as what we have now.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.