Open end of wood shed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crater22

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2014
brookville, indiana
I'm in the process of drawing plans
for a wood shed to be built this summer. Which way should the open end of the shed face?

Thanks in advance

With its back to the wind to keep out any rain and snow.

Bob

Reactions: Soundchasm
For me . . . to whichever way is closest to the home's entrance . . . as long as it also fits in with the "look" of the yard . . . in other words, I wouldn't have it sitting in middle of the yard just because that way allows it to face the house.

Reactions: Ashful
Shouldn't matter. Mine faces south but the prevailing wind is from the west. Still get a lot of wind-blown snow and rain into the shed. My second shed will be open to the west. Even so, I have vertical boards on three sides with about 1/2" to 3/4" spacing between them, to allow sufficient air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.