Opinions on the Summer's Heat 55-SHPCB120

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sasquatch76

Jan 10, 2015
WV
Ready to replace my old Pleasant Hearth PH50CABPS. Got tired of replacing failing parts after several years of use.

I saw the Summer's Heat 55-SHPCB120 by England Stoves at Lowe's and it looks very similar to my current stove although with much more modern controls. Should be an easy replacement with my current chimney and intake set up.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Summers-Heat-2-200-sq-ft-Pellet-Stove/1000080707

After a lot of searching, including this forum, I couldn't find many reviews of this stove.
Anyone have one or have any experiences with this stove to help me out with this choice?

My boss bought one last year, he put 5 ton through it running full tilt and had no problems other than when he didn't clean it thoroughly after each ton it would starve out from lack of air and smoke out his basement. Other then his own lack of cleaning he is happy with it.

Reactions: Sasquatch76
My boss bought one last year, he put 5 ton through it running full tilt and had no problems other than when he didn't clean it thoroughly after each ton it would starve out from lack of air and smoke out his basement. Other then his own lack of cleaning he is happy with it.

Thanks for the feedback.
I know from my old stove that I'll need to keep up on the daily and weekly cleaning if I want it to keep running smoothly.