Ordered a Auber 210 Combo Unit for our New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrd1995

Burning Hunk
Feb 21, 2020
North East, Pa
Being new to operating a hybrid stove we quickly realized the simple( Inactive, Active, Too Hot) Thermometer is not enough to turn down the stove in time to prevent excessive off gassing and high Cat Temps. Our Stove is a Manchester 8362 ( Dual Shell Cast Hybrid Stove).

So after the third O$h!t moment I convinced my wife we need to buy a digital thermometer and talked her into a Auber 210 Combo!

I am planning on installing it at 16" above the stove which will be 4" down from the joint going into the 90. Do you think this is a good location?

Next Question and I know there have been a ton of threads on this and similar topics. But what temp should I expect to see as a normal operating temp
I believe the applied ceramics pamphlet states operating temp of 500-1500F but typically runs between 1200-1400F.

Also as a place to start should I engage the Cat at 500F and then start to knock the air off?

A ton of learning left to do and I fully understand fire is a dynamic complex animal that can be boiled down to three simple elements I am all ears for advice on how to go about learning this new heating appliance.

We did read the manufactures suggested operating sequence for cold and hot loading, stove got too hot real fast. They suggested getting Cat thermometer to the active state then leaving the air on high for 20mins then cut the air down.

Sorry for the long post, all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Flue temperatures read at 16” are really important but they are not cat temps. You aren’t looking for 1200-1400 up in the flue. Flue temperatures on your auber probe meter should range from 400-900.

If available for your stove you can replace the active inactive meter with something else that gives numbers too. At that location you can expect the 1200-1400.

Reactions: mrd1995
Okay I will check into see what is available for a replacement probe.

Okay I will check into see what is available for a replacement probe.

I replaced my original cat meter with one from condar. Here’s a photo. I am very happy with it. Allegedly, condar made the original one too. The condar folks sold mine for my stove but your model is so new that they might have to check for a match.

138BB66D-3D58-46AC-A71B-DAE7AE4543AE.jpeg

I replaced my original cat meter with one from condar. Here’s a photo. I am very happy with it. Allegedly, condar made the original one too. The condar folks sold mine for my stove but your model is so new that they might have to check for a match.

View attachment 270686
Thank you Highbeam! I will check them out.