Oregon or Husky chains?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I think Oregon makes Husqvarna chains correct?
Are they the same grade on both?
Which do you prefer, Husqvarna or Oregon, No Stihl is not an option! :p

Another question : who make Pouline and Countryline chains? ;?

I switched from husky 1/2 chisel to Oregon full chisel, saw cut better, chain lasted longer

Semi chisel vs full chisel- depends on what you are cutting - in dirty logs or bark with a lot crud blown into it semi will last longer generally.
as to the mfg. of the chain brands above no idea. You could try Carlton chains they have been ok for me. Have few by Forester ok also, but I am not all that picky. I use to Sandvick but they were bought up by Oregon a few years back.

Great which Lowes did you get it from...... that's the problem and these are the choices! <>

I needed a 14" bar and chain for my Husky 142, I went with Oregon,

My Husky 350 however has a full chisel stihl chain..

Last edited:
As far as I know, Husqvarna chain still is Oregon chain. Poulan is owned by Husqvarna, so that also should be Oregon chain. There was a press release a few years ago that had Husqvarna planning to open it's own chain manufacturing facility across the pond, but I don't know if it ever happened.

--> Bailey's chain cross-reference <--

I was afraid to try the Chinese chain that TSC had been selling before it had been replaced with CountyLine brand. I never checked into who made CountyLine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
As with everything likely sourced from Chi-com or India. If I remember correctly Oregon is part of Blount which is a very large holding co.

This doesn't answer your question but if your looking for a good cheap chain try the woodland pros that Bailey's sells. There made by Carlton. I like them better than Oregon. They don't seem as good as STIHL chain but for the price their hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: jeff_t
This doesn't answer your question but if your looking for a good cheap chain try the woodland pros that Bailey's sells. There made by Carlton. I like them better than Oregon. They don't seem as good as STIHL chain but for the price their hard to beat.

I haven't bought woodland pro chains in years, mostly because I loaded up when they were $10.99/loop for 3/8"-.050-72DL. Though I see right now you can buy ten loops for $100. I think it cuts just fine.

Reactions: StihlKicking
I haven't bought woodland pro chains in years, mostly because I loaded up when they were $10.99/loop for 3/8"-.050-72DL. Though I see right now you can buy ten loops for $100. I think it cuts just fine.

I agree, they cut great. Let me clarify what I meant by "not as good as STIHL". They cut through wood just as well as a STIHL chain but they seem like maybe I get 3 or 4 less filings out of the woodland chain. Given they cost half or less than the STIHL chain it's a no brainer for me.

Reactions: jeff_t