Osburn 2000 cornered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tjcole50

Minister of Fire
Oct 5, 2013
Ohio
Last time my research said osburn was gtg. Any known complaints/issues with these stoves? It seems its going to hit our budget and allow us to sit 5" from a corner install with double wall. So far it looks to the one! Got a call back from dealer and installer and so far its hitting all the boxes for us. But its always smart to ask here first so fire away

I can only recall a few issues with Osburns in the past decade and the factory took care of them. They are solid reliable heaters

If space is an issue and you're looking for a tight corner install and for whatever reason the Osburn doesn't work out, the PE T5 can sit 4" from corner install with double wall. Just thought i'd throw that in there since that was my predicament last year.

If space is an issue and you're looking for a tight corner install and for whatever reason the Osburn doesn't work out, the PE T5 can sit 4" from corner install with double wall. Just thought i'd throw that in there since that was my predicament last year.
I do love those. They look a bit nicer as well i cant find pricing a quick search showed ebay pricing but thats all over the map. Just off the phone with closest dealer. That stove is deff a bit more in cost than the osburn and their install quote was almost double the osburn dealer. Its also an additional 300$ for blower and oak which the osburn dealer said was included. May bump it out of reach for now

SBI stoves provide a good value. Comparing it to the cast iron clad T5 is another category stove, not quite an apples to apples comparison. If you're looking at 2 cu ft stoves then the PE Super 27 would be a better match.

yeah not really a good comparison, I just mentioned it for the 4" corner mount clearance

I think the Super 27 is similar if not the same.

No regrets, the T5 is awesome.

Reactions: Woody5506