Osburn owners what do think of your stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1966

Aug 24, 2008
south jersey
installed in sept. heat output is great didnt have to set it over 3,but seams to be a big difference from 2&3;setting, second setting needs a little more kick to it.glass gets dirty real fast starts hazing over in about 3 hours but i'm more about the heat overall i'm happy with the first season so far.

Mixd feelings here. Like the model... simple to run and great heat and like you said, have never run it over 3 (on a scale of 6) all winter. Kept entire house comfortable even in 0 temps.

That said, we have had many problems and think we got a damaged stove because our neighbors has run great for her.
Bought it online but have been impressed with the company's cust. service. I have been able to deal directly with the manufacturer and they have sent us two new motors and found a local dealer for us to install them. We are still working through some other issues with them but we have actually had better service than some that have bought from local dealers.

Does get dirty like you said and I think it is just poor design of the glass.

Just bumping this up as would like to hear from some others. There were some other Osburn owners asking questions earlier in the season.

We have the Osburn HYBRID-35

We usually run ours on setting 1 or 2 depending on temperature. (We have a small house). We burn Eastern Ember Pellets.

I think the only problem we really had to figure out was the feed rate to the damper setting. When we first started using it, we had the damper open to much and would get an "E" alert.

So far we are really happy with it. No problems at all except growing pains really.

I've been happy with my Osburn 45. I've run it on 3 and it's kept the house comfortable. A couple of times I needed to bump it up to 4 when it was below zero. I have only the standard complaints - the glass gets dirty within using a half a bag of pellets and I need to crank up the TV to hear it over the stove. The only irritation I have is getting the burn pot out - it is a very tight fit.

My biggest issue is that there is only one fan speed so when we have it down on low, which is most of the time, you can't quiet it down. I guess they used to have a lower speed but stoves overheated so much so they took it out. Need to work on that design issue.

I absolutely LOVE the stove. We had a older ashley before. This Osburn 2400 uses about 1/2 the wood that we used last season and keeps a fire through the night easily! Having tons of problems with smoke/ash when door opens, but I am assuming that is a drafting problem (see Osburn2400 thread). Bought the stove used in early October 2008.

We really have used about 5 cord of wood total this season and used a total of 12 last year (keep in mind that we in the Upper Peninsula are not done burning yet). Also love the open glass look (first stove we have had with the glass). I would NOT know if it gets dirty fast as I have nothing to compare it to... my house has been a steady 79 - 82 all winter! Love the Wood! This is the first season with NO other heat source. Our electric baseboard heat is turned 100% off!

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.