Oslo air supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdNH

Minister of Fire
Oct 14, 2009
Southern, NH
Still trying to figure out the steep learning curve of this thing.

Those of you with Oslo's, do you shut your air down completely when you’re in cruise control mode?

I have found 1/4" open seems to work the best for me, seems like every time i close the air more than that, the fire starts to die down.

With that said my wood is questionable at best. working with 18-22% moisture oak and cherry.

1/4 to all the way closed . . . as you say . . . it's all about the fuel . . . well that and the draft and how hot the firebox is.

ok 2 votes for 1/4, so im not doing anything crazily wrong here. On my napoleon i was able to shut-r down completly and it would cruise along perfectly. that stove was a cake walk to run in comparason to this oslo.

I'm with you on on the poor wood supply, but its burning pretty good. I leave the air open a quarter also as it seems to keep the stove cruising. I can't wait for next year and having drier wood to burn as this is my first year burning!

Mike

You should be able to shut it right down if your wood is properly seasoned. I am running the 600 and shut her down provided the secondaries continue to burn. I am not too concerned if the primary fire burns low.

I have an Oslo and typically cut the air to 1/4 or less (not closed). I have found that I am best off not doing this until I reach 450 degrees F plus on the stove top temp. If I cut the air back prior to this (say 350-400), my front glass will tend to get dirty. I burn oak and do not know what the moisture is.

Status
Not open for further replies.