OT but here the Draft meter status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Bowling night: Well I went to the post office they do not track anything unless I had added it to the package. My fear is I wraped it in brown paper and used a stick on return lable. It looks like a jewery box.. Probably got stollen on the way. They also reminded me it is their busiest season and that small packages fall through the cracks and are not as fast as larger ones. They also said the New year weekend also delayed the process and to wait a few more days. Probably a bunch of BS. Its my mistake for not protecting my investment. I have learned a lot from this experience never trust USPS or its workers. I should have insured it. I really hopes it get to you, but now it is probably in the trash somewhere. Maybe I should monitor Ebay and see if it shows up their?

Sometimes it does not pay to be mister nice guy and help others. Boy am I bummed. Nicest way I can put it on this family forum

This su***

elkimmeg said:
Bowling night: Well I went to the post office they do not track anything unless I had added it to the package. My fear is I wraped it in brown paper and used a stick on return lable. It looks like a jewery box.. Probably got stollen on the way. They also reminded me it is their busiest season and that small packages fall through the cracks and are not as fast as larger ones. They also said the New year weekend also delayed the process and to wait a few more days. Probably a bunch of BS. Its my mistake for not protecting my investment. I have learned a lot from this experience never trust USPS or its workers. I should have insured it. I really hopes it get to you, but now it is probably in the trash somewhere. Maybe I should monitor Ebay and see if it shows up their?

Sometimes it does not pay to be mister nice guy and help others. Boy am I bummed. Nicest way I can put it on this family forum

This su***

It'll get there Elk. We ship around two thousand packages a year USPS and the only time they run long is from the middle of December to the second week in January. We have one right now trying to find its way to California from Virginia that was mailed on the 30th of December 2-3 day Priority Mail. Happens every year.

elkimmeg said:
Its my mistake for not protecting my investment. I have learned a lot from this experience never trust USPS or its workers.
This su***

Elk, with all due respect, I understand you're frustrated but I think you're off base here. Your first statement is right, if you're sending something you would want to replace if it goes missing, via USPS, FEDEX, UPS, whoever, YOU should insure it. It doesn't cost that much. YOU gambled and lost (apparently). The statement then becomes a proclamation against everyone who works for the post office, that's ludicrous. It's not even rational. My wife is a letter carrier. She's so honest she wouldn't "borrow" your copy of People magazine overnight let alone steal. Because of who my wife is we have several friends who work for the post office, good hard working honest people. Nice people. (And everyone knows this is their busiest time of year, that's no BS)

My personal rule is never send anything I care about by USPS period. FEDEX or UPS is better, I think their tracking system is much better too. Not to mention it comes standard with 100$ insurance for all packages.

PaulGuy said:
elkimmeg said:
Its my mistake for not protecting my investment. I have learned a lot from this experience never trust USPS or its workers.
This su***

Elk, with all due respect, I understand you're frustrated but I think you're off base here. Your first statement is right, if you're sending something you would want to replace if it goes missing, via USPS, FEDEX, UPS, whoever, YOU should insure it. It doesn't cost that much. YOU gambled and lost (apparently). The statement then becomes a proclamation against everyone who works for the post office, that's ludicrous. It's not even rational. My wife is a letter carrier. She's so honest she wouldn't "borrow" your copy of People magazine overnight let alone steal. Because of who my wife is we have several friends who work for the post office, good hard working honest people. Nice people. (And everyone knows this is their busiest time of year, that's no BS)

Got my thank you card today from our letter carrier for the Christmas gift. Tell your wife I appreciate all of the hard working carriers out there.

elkimmeg said:
Bowling night: Well I went to the post office they do not track anything unless I had added it to the package. My fear is I wraped it in brown paper and used a stick on return lable. It looks like a jewery box.. Probably got stollen on the way.

I once sent a eBay item parcel post from south jersey to north jersey - it took 21 days.

I've recently shipping some stuff from the PO and it has take as long as two week to get one state away..

The good news is this: ALL of the packages have finally gotten there.

The bad news is this: The Post Office computers should not show 2-3 days when the actually time can be as long as two weeks - it is VERY misleading. If they cannot deliver on time during the holidays (and somehow UPS, DHL and Fed Ex so), then they should have a BIG sign telling you about it at the counter and also the display POS computer should say :3 - 10 days or something like that.

It's basically about them telling the real status up front.

Amazon and Harbor Freight send USPS usually, but there is no fixed time frame. The millions of packages do usually arrive. But folks have gotten used to the faster services and tracking. I think the PO will have to do better if they want to continue to get a bunch of the internet business.

roac said:
My personal rule is never send anything I care about by USPS period. FEDEX or UPS is better, I think their tracking system is much better too. Not to mention it comes standard with 100$ insurance for all packages.

Yeah, UPS and FedEx automatically give you real easy tracking which is nice. UPS can be a real PITA trying to collect on those insurance claims though. If they loose it you're okay, if it's damaged they fight you tooth and nail for every penny. It's not their fault it's your poor packing. The company I work for ships thousands of parcels worldwide every year. We use to us UPS more than others for domestic. But our statistics have been showing "Brown" is slipping. Loosing more stuff, and the bigger (heavier) the packages get the worse they do as far as damage to packages. We're switching more and more to FedEx.

BrotherBart said:
Got my thank you card today from our letter carrier for the Christmas gift. Tell your wife I appreciate all of the hard working carriers out there.

Hey, thanks Bart I will, she'll appreciate it.

Yeah fedex finally came out with ground service and I think they have been sticking it to ups. Isn't competition wonderful!!!

Paul nothing against your wife, just I wrote the post fustrated. You are right, most are honest and respectfull. Sorry fustration hampered my thinking process

I worked at a USPS bulk mail facility years ago as a temp mail handler at Christmastime.

That facility was about 25 acres under roof with miles of conveyer. MOUNTAINS of parcels, everywhere.

About the only way a package would go undeliverable, is when there is no address to deliver to.
This happens when customers would wrap their boxes, then the wrapping was lost in the process.

Every effort was made to repair wrapping and figure out where the parcel were to be delivered.

The best way to ship, is to write the address directly on the box with a Sharpie. It will get there, eventually.

BTW - this job gave me the motivation to go to college! And my local letter carrier rocks!

It's interesting being married to a letter carrier. After 16 years together an astonishing number of my wife's co-workers know me by sight. Think about that, they're everywhere, all over town, both in uniform and undercover. I can't go anywhere without the chance my wife will hear about it from someone....I saw Paul at home depot....I saw Paul on Main Street...etc. It's a like a huge spy network. Keeps me honest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.