OT: Snow Dog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Just like you have to know when NOT to run your stove, there are also certain days when taking the pup snowshoeing can result in disaster - I've finally learned that the temp has to be below 25 degree or else the snow starts to build up and feed on itself.

Takes a long and hot shower to remove these snowballs!

Attachments

• rosiesnow.jpg
    rosiesnow.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 600
Its hard to resist when they follow you everywhere

Attachments

• P1020028.JPG
    P1020028.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 591
Webmaster said:
Just like you have to know when NOT to run your stove, there are also certain days when taking the pup snowshoeing can result in disaster - I've finally learned that the temp has to be below 25 degree or else the snow starts to build up and feed on itself.

Takes a long and hot shower to remove these snowballs!

I am sure PETA is going to be all over you like creosote on a flue tile.

That's classics Willhound I love it !! He reminds me of our golden retriever we had for 14 years I could get that dog to do anything. He would listen better that the kids. Boy I miss him!!

Attachments

• Dsc00064.jpg
    Dsc00064.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 498
Must have been a well trained dog, to not go after rabbits. Mine loves to chase bunnies (and squirrels), although she's never succeeded in catching one (to my knowledge). The owls, hawks and lynx we have on the property do that for her. She's fine with cats though.
When I first tried to get her to ride with me on the snowmobile, she would get on the seat OK, but as soon as I started the motor the racket would chase her off. That is until one day I went about 4 miles down the lake, with the dog following me. When I turned around to head back, and she caught up to me with her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth, she readily jumped up on the seat in front of me and enjoyed the ride home.

Since that day, I have to push her off the seat to get the thing started, and occassionally if I leave the sled parked outside, I'll find her sitting on the seat just like in the picture, looking at me as if to say, "let's go ya idjit". Loves the ATV and boat too.

Willhound

Attachments

• Bikedog2.JPG
    Bikedog2.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 514
Status
Not open for further replies.