Other sites!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to diminish the value of this site I honestly think the more sites like it the better. With all the new gasifiers and high output OWB's, not to mention the newer style high output wood burners, alternative fuel appliances and pellet burners and the older units out there, one site could not handle them all. Not to mention the fact that the more people that get involved with more than one site the more we will be able to reference other options for solving other peoples and our own problems and questions. The diversity of experience and technical knowledge that will be available will grow exponentially with each site until the mean basis for this technology is exploited. We all should certainly benefit. (I looked at the other site but found I was not interested with them but I think "let 'em grow)

I think some OWB owners get a little put off or intimidated by the dominance of gasifiers on this site and the fact that some people give them a hard time. Everyone is welcome here, of course, but I'm glad OWB guys have a place where they can feel comfortable. Personally, I like having a nice mix of different brands/models/types of boilers and other central heating systems represented in the Boiler Room. I think we can continue to learn a lot from each other. I like how that site has its forums broken down by brand. The traffic here gets so heavy at times and I think we might have something like that in our future i.e., the main forum for general questions, and specific subforums for various brands. That's my idea, not Craig's--and as the owner of the site, he makes the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.