Outside air kit install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steevo

Oct 17, 2011
central ct
I have an enviro Windsor pellet stove, and I would really like to install and OAK if possible. My issue is that the stove it installed on our fireplace hearth and backed up right to the fireplace opening. I have it vented through my chimney liner.

Looking at the kits I see online, most OAK go through the wall. It appears my only option is to go through the brick fireplace to outside.

Would it be possible to drop a flexible metal hose down the ash dump of the fireplace ( door removed ) and drop it down into my basement so the other end sits open in my cool basement?

I would rather not drill through the brick if possible,

thanks
steve

If you have a liner running to the top of chimney,you could use the chimney as fresh air,may have to have the block off plate custom made.Others will chime in.

Dropping it down the clean out is OK
Just remember the air that is used in
combustion leaves the building and
has to be replaced with outside air so
find some where you can get the pick
up point Outside the house .