outside air kit question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

steevo

Oct 17, 2011
central ct
I run an enviro windsor pellet stove during the winter. it stands in front of my fireplace on a tile base. Thinking of possibly installing a oak, but really have no way to run it outside. The stove is backed up ti the fireplace as I use my chimney liner for exhaust. I dont want to drill through the brick and there is no wall near to go through easily.

Can i drop a 2" flex pipe through the fireplace cleanout into my cellar and hook it up tothe outside down there? not sre if being to long would effect it or not.

Reactions: bags
I run an enviro windsor pellet stove during the winter. it stands in front of my fireplace on a tile base. Thinking of possibly installing a oak, but really have no way to run it outside. The stove is backed up ti the fireplace as I use my chimney liner for exhaust. I dont want to drill through the brick and there is no wall near to go through easily.

Can i drop a 2" flex pipe through the fireplace cleanout into my cellar and hook it up tothe outside down there? not sre if being to long would effect it or not.
Yes, you can do it that way.

The manual for the stove might have some verbiage around length and diameter of the pipes (both exhaust and intake).. that might be a good way to validate you don't need to increase the speed of the exhaust fan.. maybe? .
In my case, i am already at the basement and i do use the fireplace cleanout for "fresh" air via a flex pipe. It works.

Short and simple works!