Outside Fireplace

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Foothills of The Adirondacks
I did the original fireplace years ago with the help of our neighbor's Kubota but since we had some extra rocks and a ton of pine that needs reduction, I made it wider.

The original fireplace was just under six feet wide with the new width at ten feet. I have some cleanup left but with our area not receiving much rain this spring, things a scary dry.

I'll start getting some of the pine logs from the garage clearing c/s and find a area for piling the splits.

In picture 0436 I'm just starting the backwall, 0437 is it done except for some cleanup and new sand and 5858 is the original fireplace which was done on 8/18/2012.

Attachments

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
Looks nice. You can burn that pine inside as well though.

Reactions: thewoodlands

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Looks nice. You can burn that pine inside as well though.
We do @bholler , we have six face cord stacked last year with another six going up. The clearing I did for the new garage build that went up in June & July of 2018 gave us about eight to ten years worth .

I'll start bucking up a bunch this weekend, our house lot looks like chit in the areas the logs and rounds are in so it's cleanup time.

Our fire department has been busy fighting some fires in the woods lately so we'll need a stretch of wet weather before I can burn.

Reactions: bholler

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
Since we had some good rains overnight, I decided it was time I get going on my cleanup of Ash tops. I thought that I had an older before picture of all the Ash tops but I didn't, in picture 0458 the tops started off to the right and ran the length to the other tops pictured.

Attachments