Oval reducer needed for 1976 Comforter stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matteapolis

Sep 11, 2013
Portland, OR
Need an oval reducer for a 1976 Comforter stove. Measures approx. 8 3/8" wide by 6 5/8" high on the outside of the oval flange. I'm assuming the pipe goes on the outside of the flange, but would appreciate some wisdom. Going out the back of the stove to a Selkirk 6" T, double walled.

Anywhere online I can order one? Thanks!
dtrb.jpg
bl8j.jpg
shre.jpg

it would go on the inside of the stoves flue collar.
but: you are never supposed to reduce flue size- per NFPA211 code. also, the stove might not work as good as it should.

probably not going to find an oval reducer, i typically take a short section of round pipe and smash one end until it is oval....

Try ovalizing the end of a short section of 7" round pipe and see how that fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.