P43 Replacment Blowers

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
I bought a Harman P43 in dec 2010. It has been my only heat since then, and moved with me in 2014. Only thing I've done is cleaning and replaced both door gaskets. This winter both the exhaust and blower motors got noisy. So going to replace both before heating season. Have been soaking the exhaust fan set screw hoping it will come loose haven't tried it yet.
My question is do I replace them with Dayton or Fasco ? Is one better than the other? I look forward to another 10 years of service.

Washed-Up

Burning Hunk
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Either one is good, I haven’t heard a bad thing about either. I’ve been a able to get the set screw broke with a good PB-blaster soak on a few of them now.

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
Either one is good, I haven’t heard a bad thing about either. I’ve been a able to get the set screw broke with a good PB-blaster soak on a few of them now.
Good to hear, I've been soaking it with PB for couple weeks here and there. Debating on the distribution blower weather to buy just motor, or buy he whole thing with shield and all.

Washed-Up

Burning Hunk
Nov 5, 2011
Kananaskis,Alberta, Canada
Just make sure you have the proper size Allen wrench for the set screw and the longer the better. If it was me I’d just get the whole assembly regarding the distribution blower.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
The Harman distribution blower motor is balanced with the squirrel cage so best to get the whole unit. Dayton makes it.
The Harman combustion blower is made by Gleason Avery which is a far better motor than Fasco motor.
If you cannot get the set screw out, I just remove the bolts to the motor so I can get the sawzall in with the metal blade and it is out in a jiffy!
Just my 2 cents. :)

dw06

Nov 15, 2010
SW Pa
The Harman distribution blower motor is balanced with the squirrel cage so best to get the whole unit. Dayton makes it.
The Harman combustion blower is made by Gleason Avery which is a far better motor than Fasco motor.
If you cannot get the set screw out, I just remove the bolts to the motor so I can get the sawzall in with the metal blade and it is out in a jiffy!
Just my 2 cents. :)
Good info, was wondering how to go about it if I have to cut shaft. Might give set screw a try this weekend. Thanks to all for the help.