P61a combustion motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

muski

Nov 19, 2020
usa
Hi again,I am looking for best place to purchase a combustion motor for a harman p61a stove..anyone have a suggestion and is there an updated version?.my stove is a 2013 and pretty sure nothing has ever been replaced.came with house I bought...thx in advance everyone

I have bought parts from Mountain view hearth products and have been happy with them. Buy a new fan blade also. 9 of of 10 times I have to cut the shaft to get it off. They are cheap and easy to bend when removing.

I have bought parts from Mountain view hearth products and have been happy with them. Buy a new fan blade also. 9 of of 10 times I have to cut the shaft to get it off. They are cheap and easy to bend when removing.
Thx I will try them out!!

You can buy several places online. If you need one quickly as I did I called a dealer that is about 30 minutes away. They had one for $128 a little more than what I was finding online, but I could get it that day instead of 5 to 6 days. For me the few bucks was worth it.

Pelletheads/Earth Sense is what I bought a couple years ago, and it went bad. I ended up with the same brand motor from the dealer. For only a few bucks more.

If you buy one buy a new fan blade also if you have never changed it. I changed mine on the first motor so I didn't this time. My first one had become hard to get off the shaft. I ended up having to use a punch and hammer.

You can buy them on Amazon. There seems to be 2 versions, one Imported and one USA made. The USA one is about double the price, I went with it.

Is the motor toast or is it just bearing noise? The bearings can be changed, I've done this on one when it got noisy, the biggest problem is getting the blade off when you are trying to save the motor/shaft; I used a dremel tool to cut the fan off of the shaft.

Is the motor toast or is it just bearing noise? The bearings can be changed, I've done this on one when it got noisy, the biggest problem is getting the blade off when you are trying to save the motor/shaft; I used a dremel tool to cut the fan off of the shaft.
How did you get the aluminum cooling fan off the back side? I thought about doing bearings on one but could not figure that fan blade out.

I am going to work on the one I replaced in the next few days. If you don't get an answer I will leave you know what I find.