P61a feeder body problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

greywolf46

Jan 31, 2015
Eastern PA - Lower Bucks
Has anyone had to replace the feeder body because of a split or hole in the auger tube? Apparently, this problem is caused by a burn pot with a row of 5 holes down close to the auger tip. My stove is a 2008 P61a and it has the 5 holes. At some point Harman replaced the burn pot with one without these holes. I was never aware of this problem until reading about it recently.

I don't recall the burn pot causing the problem, but yes it sometimes happens. Some replace the feeder, some weld it, and I think there is a few that just used some auto parts store muffler patch, and have been running them for years. I have thought about making a thin stainlees steel sleve, that could be pressed/hammered in, but it really does not happen that often.

I don't recall the burn pot causing the problem, but yes it sometimes happens. Some replace the feeder, some weld it, and I think there is a few that just used some auto parts store muffler patch, and have been running them for years. I have thought about making a thin stainlees steel sleve, that could be pressed/hammered in, but it really does not happen that often.
From what I've read, most have said to just cover those holes by welding or high temp metal repair stuff. Of course, replacing the burn pot is also an option.