PA pellets - I like!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
We ran the HD specials last year and thought they were ok.
Bought 3 tons of the PA pellets this year and love them so far. We have had about 8 bags or so in the drolet and it loves them. Zero clinkers in the pot after 5 bags.
Ash seems normal, not low not high.

The stove is much hotter on all settings then last year and because they are slightly longer, they take up more room in the auger and I'm burning more slowly!

Very happy so far.

any issues with very long pellets in there? It would be great if they started turning out a quality product.

We ran the HD specials last year and thought they were ok.
Bought 3 tons of the PA pellets this year and love them so far. We have had about 8 bags or so in the drolet and it loves them. Zero clinkers in the pot after 5 bags.
Ash seems normal, not low not high.

The stove is much hotter on all settings then last year and because they are slightly longer, they take up more room in the auger and I'm burning more slowly!

Very happy so far.
Interesting. Tried them last year. Aren't they a hardwood / softwood blend? Didn't much like them. Lots of ash. Didn't burn particularly hot. Maybe a different run? Using Lignetics hardwood this year. Much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.