Pacific Energy FP25 questions.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jdrenckpohl

Feb 12, 2020
Maple Valley, WA
I'm about to break ground on a new house. It will be 1600 square feet single story, open floor plan with 3 bedrooms. Main heat source will be multi stage heat pump, with gas furnace back up. We're putting in an F25 and I would like to heat with it in the evenings and on weekends. My wife and I both work and gone during the day. The new place is going to have a shed roof design with ceilings on the low side at 8 feet and 15 feet on the high side. Insulation will be R38 in the roof, R21 in walls and R30 in floor. Climate is 30s at night and 40s during day. Some nights we get in mid 20s. Will this fireplace be sufficient?

We want a hearth to sit on. Is 16 inches off the floor good? Did you have to build a platform to set the FP25 on?

We have a PE Super Classic at our vacation home in Winthrop, WA where it gets down to single digits regularly and it heats our 1700 square foot home without any problems. It's built up similar standards and is two stories with slab on grade. I'm hoping the FP25 is just as great.

Should be ok. You will need a ceiling fan or two to move the hot air that will want to pocket up at the ceiling peak.