pacific energy question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey beaver

Oct 25, 2008
ohio
does anyone know where they are made at? we are planning on getting a summit is that a good stove are there any problems we are returning a tl300 from problems we are having thanks.

Jimbob said:
smokey beaver said:
does anyone know where they are made at? we are planning on getting a summit is that a good stove are there any problems we are returning a tl300 from problems we are having thanks.

Stoves are made here:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=e...106&spn=0.008174,0.033646&t=h&z=15&iwloc=addr

We have one, and it's been good. An ash cleanout system that works, and a HUGE ash drawer.
Throws decent heat, too.

decent huh???? could you post some pics of your stove and window when its really cold to give us an idea about the "decent heat"
lolololol!

Here's a pic of the window, and decent heat.....;-)

Attachments

• 16 minutes after lighting.JPG
    16 minutes after lighting.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 499
As noted in his signature, he's a PE owner, and a happy one. Don't worry smokey b, you should be very happy with the Summit. It's a great stove and very easy to use.

Thanks for responding I was worried. We have a harmon tl300 new and we are frezzing we are heating a new house if 1400 down and 1400 up it's 65 in here. I can't take it so thats why it's going we are getting a pe summit . I hope I get warm soon Lol !

The Harmon is a respectable stove, but it may be more draft sensitive than the Summit. Pacific Energy stoves are simple, good heaters. Very easy to operate and maintain. And they put out a lot of heat too.

One thing to check, is your wood fully seasoned? No stove is going to perform well if the wood is not dry.

Yes our wood is very sesoned and the company even thinks theres something wrong with the stove, but it sucks we have went though over a cord in 3 weeks. this stove does not heat highest temp on pipe has been 400, thats not good they say, and of corse the ab burner works when hotter. I just can't wait to get new stove I"M COLD lol!!!!

If the Summit doesn't do the job, there's a window open that needs to be closed. ;-)

BeGreen said:
If the Summit doesn't do the job, there's a window open that needs to be closed. ;-)

and possibly a door

wondering...... the harman is a great stove... are you burning it right? get the pipe up to about 500 degrees or more for about 10 minutes then close her down, close the damper and throttle back the air,,,,, the stack should go down in temp real quick to 3-400 but the stove will heat up...do you have the fan as well makes a huge diff... a cord in 3 weeks tells me more than likely you are feeding it to much to quick with damper open or giving to much air...
but on the other side
SUMMIT ROCKS
but in my other house had a harman and loved ... not to be picky but your house layout could also be affecting it... but i think you are not used to it.. they are more difficult to learn ... it wasn't till the end of the first winter with mine did i truly understand how to run effectively.... then i moved

Or the barn door :coolhmm:

Jimbob said:

Look at that decent heat:)
breathtaking!!!!!... damn that looks good!!

No sorry no doors or windows open not even a barn door! lol! We do not have a fan on it ! well we are giving your idea a try we just loaded it full and we are going to get it up to 500 hopefully never have!! then we are going to close it up like you said so wish us luck here we go lol! i'll be back soon to let ya kow

smokey beaver said:
Oh i forgot open floor plan we are at 400 now here we go lol!
ok turn the air down in stages if you are at 400 now and fire is aggressive cut the air back to about halfway and let it burn with damper open...temp should start going back up in 10 mn or so...once that pipe gets hot (i would get mine 6-700 but don't you do it)
500 -650 is when you close the damper down and gradually close down the air to the lowest notch (in between the first notch and all the way closed .. you gotta find the sweet spot....... once you learn the stove you can damper down at 450-500 but you give it more air longer ... but if you have a box fan put it on low and point it at the stove from a safe distance .. this will help you to move air

Jimbob said:
So, you swing North - South. I cut a 20 - 22 inch log and prefer East - West.

Never had the chance to operate a Tl300 but from what I've read in other posts around here, a good size coal bed makes getting the AB system going easier.

well got temp up to 6oo and started shutting down slowly, still no ab running, very large coal bed though I think we sent that wood to fire gods lol! temp went up to 68 now i'm having a heatwave wow lol! no i still think harmon dealer is right there is something bad in the stove, i can't wait to get new summit, but thks for your help though!

smokey beaver said:
well got temp up to 6oo and started shutting down slowly, still no ab running, very large coal bed though I think we sent that wood to fire gods lol! temp went up to 68 now i'm having a heatwave wow lol! no i still think harmon dealer is right there is something bad in the stove, i can't wait to get new summit, but thks for your help though!

did you close the damper??????
the ab was running i am sure ....it almost sounds like a jet engine ... just not nearly as loud ... and that thing in the back glows..if you have ythe glass piece back there...
how long did it stay up at 600???
because you are heating a large space with no fan it will take forever to get temps up...
harman makes really good stuff but hey maybe you got a bad one...

Status
Not open for further replies.