Pacific Energy - Summit Classic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cboehm

Mar 20, 2024
North Dakota
I'm looking at this stove, after reviewing utube about the baffle system, it looked complicated with maintenance and all that is involved, or is this required to get the second burn. Please help, liked the stove up until I watched it on utube.

Maintenance like flue cleaning is required for any stove. The PE baffle is partitioned internally to supply secondary air on the bottom. The PE baffle/seconday air system is one of the simplest on the market. It's robust and very easy to maintain. Ours is on it's 15th season and going strong. I still clean our stove and flue and am no spring chicken.

I was new to wood stoves 12 years ago, bought a PE Alderlea T5, installed 30 feet of SS liner. Weekend cabin in the mountains, easy stove to start up run and managed, get a infared heat gun to check the temps, it is a forgiving stove