Pacific Energy super 27 flame shield attachment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mdm6625

Sep 16, 2021
Port Alice BC
Ok so we are trying to get our stove ready for a WETT inspection, we have bought a new flame shield and tried to find how to connect it.. I don’t know if our is missing the piece or what’s going on.. there was no flame shield in it when we took over the house so I’m just wondering what we need to do here. There is no where to connect the bolt, do we need to have something welded now or any suggestions? Help/advice would be appreciated.
It’s a 2007 pacific energy super 27 and this is what the inside looks like

D4A0C5B4-66FA-4272-974A-E974046724EF.jpeg

I think you're looking at the baffle area.

Look at this parts drawing. The baffle sits on part #13a and 13b.

The photo appears to be looking up at the interior roof of the stove through the flue outlet. There should be an attachment location for the flame shield at the flue outlet. You can see it briefly in the video at 02:07 . It is missing in the OP's photo.

The photo appears to be looking up at the interior roof of the stove through the flue outlet. There should be an attachment location for the flame shield at the flue outlet. You can see it briefly in the video at 02:07 . It is missing in the OP's photo.
Is there anyway to attach a new one or are we going to need a new stove?

Seems like there should be a way, even if a quick weld of a bolt there is required. It's odd that one is not showing, but I don't know if there was an alternative for that year. thechimneysweep is the best member with that knowledge. Have you contacted PE tech support with this question?

Where that tab is showing in the outlet opening, there used to be a full tab with a slot through it. There is a hole in the flame shield that meets up with that slot, & a bolt that is inserted head up through the hslot, and a nut & lock washer is used to hold it in place on the bolt. Your bolt tab, bolt, but & washer are missing. You'll have to rig something or have a welder come weld a new tab on and install new bolt & hardware.

SAM_7249.JPG SAM_7251.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, this is an oddball. It shouldn't be too hard to have a new tab welded on, but why is it missing?

Yes, this is an oddball. It shouldn't be too hard to have a new tab welded on, but why is it missing?
I hope I'm wrong, but sure looks like it eroded away.

I would make a cleat with hole in it, bolt running through it and the shield plate, and clamp what's left of the old tab between he two.
Or just tack weld an upside down bolt to the remaining tab or outlet opening.