Painting the heat exchanger plates on a Harman?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIpelletpig

Feeling the Heat
Jun 26, 2008
Long Island, NY
I was wondering if anyone on the forum at the beginning of the season paint there heat exchanger plates? The harman accentra insert has a few plates pieces that go together and I would like to make them fresh looking again? Any thought or opinions would be appreciated. Thx

Medreach said:
I was wondering if anyone on the forum at the beginning of the season paint there heat exchanger plates? The harman accentra insert has a few plates pieces that go together and I would like to make them fresh looking again? Any thought or opinions would be appreciated. Thx

Oh, why not?

If the pieces should be black in color I would suggest using stove black. You just rub it on the pieces and it looks like new. It's a lot less messy and a lot less smell than paint.

I paint the inside of my stove with Stove Brite every year, not really necessary, but it give me piece of mind. Keeps the surface rust at bay in the summer as well. It stinks like crazy so do it on a day when no one is home and you can open the windows.

Thanks for the replies..

Status
Not open for further replies.