paragon 5440 auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gale

Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
northern IN
I had a internal fire and burnt the auger motor. It is a merkle-koff 12 vdc h4 26-71-26-gm. I have tried calling us stove, merkle-koff, relient industry, applied controls, and magnum stoves and no one has parts or information. does anyone know of a replacement motor or even how many rpm the output is?

a post craig made on another thread , you may have luck with this , i did not see a reply after the fact so i dont have confirmation

Well, that exact model number is under US Stoves listing of EPA units. Perhaps there is more than one 5440? sounds suspect. Maybe US Stove had it made elsewhere, but they may have sold it.

Reliance?

There was a manufacturer called Reliant.
I think their stuff was taken over by Magnum, so you can check if the same controls are available:
http://www.americanenergysystems.com/reliantT40.cfm?tabID=2

Also, this is an old listing, not sure if still good:
Reliant Industries
Closed shop (12/99) - parts and support available from Applied Control Electronics @ 1-530-626-5181
http://appconx.com/home.html

I contacted us stove -we used to sell it, but now no parts available. Relient-closed-called the telephone a 25 yr old guy has it as his home phone. Applied controls-no parts-not us- we get 2 calls a week, we hope they would stop calling. Magnum made only the late models- not the 5440 good luck to you. Merkle-koff -order 500, we will build it to you specs, that wasn't a stock gearmotor, the number is wrong can't cross reference it. Anybody have anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.