Part Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hbrown83

Jan 21, 2022
Evergreen, CO
Could someone please help me identify what this vent is called and what the purpose is? I tried searching Google and can't find anything. A lot of stoves only have the slider vent on the bottom, so I'm not sure what the purpose is and doesn't seem to make a difference whether it is open or closed.
Thank you!

PXL_20220121_190348245~2.jpg

That looks like an M520 or M380. The manual shows those holes are the airwash and secondary air supply. It was a new feature on these stoves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hbrown83
If yo haven't done it already, download the manual from Lopi's website.

Could someone please help me identify what this vent is called and what the purpose is? I tried searching Google and can't find anything. A lot of stoves only have the slider vent on the bottom, so I'm not sure what the purpose is and doesn't seem to make a difference whether it is open or closed.
Thank you!

View attachment 290395
I have the same stove. I never close the air wash. The glass stays clean if you are burning dry wood and you never smolder the fire.

Reactions: Hbrown83