Parts, ease of fix, simplicity winner??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
So as I look through craigslist for a pellet stove for the other part of my house and having tinkered around with my free 25pvdc I ponder...........

"hmmmm what stove is the easiest to fix, has the availability of parts (local or internet) and yet still is a good functioning unit??"

They are all pretty easy to work on.

I have worked on a bunch of different brands.

The easiest has been the Harman P series

Reactions: Delta-T
Just get something that won't require that you be a contortionist to get to the parts that need replacing or to completely remove the blowers.

Parts for most of the stoves are commonly available once you know what their abilities are and do your own cross referencing.

The various search engines, ebay, amazon, and others are your friend in this activity.

Keep an eye on surpluscenter.com for a pile of common things.

I'd put the simplicity factor more on installation location.

ie, free standing vs insert
and the best exhaust route with minimal pipe and easy access both inside and outside.

i peruse craigslist and with some effort ( not alot though ) can find pellet stoves for 500 easily, even headed into winter, can't imagine the asking prices in spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.