PB-105 6 Blinks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

X35PM

Dec 3, 2022
Yellowknife, NT, Canada
Hi all,

I purchased a house with a PB-105, which ran great for about a month this winter then the ESP crapped-out (accompanied by an acrid burning smell); I replaced the sensor, gave the boiler a thorough cleaning and fired it up again - 6 blink error this time, with half-burned pellets in the ash pan, acrid smoke smell, and a blackened viewing window. I checked the vents, and chimney, cleaned the boiler again, replaced the ESP again; and same issue keeps occurring. The pellets I'm burning work fine in my pellet stove, and the only thing out of the ordinary in the boiler that I can see I'd that the burnpot has two parallel cracks running down the centre and is "bubbled" in the middle. I don't have a Harman dealer in town anymore, so any suggestions on what might be wrong and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a copy of the manual for the boiler? Here's a link to a pdf copy. Troubleshooting a 6-blink error code is on P 34. https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installmanuals/pb105.pdf
Perhaps the bubble shifted your igniter out of place --it might be worth looking into. The 6-blink error code signals poor or incomplete combustion for an extended period, though. I'd think that would be the result of a bigger problem than a failed ignition, though. But check the manual. It has a good troubleshooting guide.

Do you have a copy of the manual for the boiler? Here's a link to a pdf copy. Troubleshooting a 6-blink error code is on P 34. https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/installmanuals/pb105.pdf
Perhaps the bubble shifted your igniter out of place --it might be worth looking into. The 6-blink error code signals poor or incomplete combustion for an extended period, though. I'd think that would be the result of a bigger problem than a failed ignition, though. But check the manual. It has a good troubleshooting guide.
Much appreciated! I have a copy of the manual (2 of them came with the house for some reason) and I've run through the troubleshooting steps to no avail, unfortunately.