PB105 Burn Pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurion

Nov 27, 2008
Nr Albany, NY
Has anyone heard if there has been any updates on the burn pot issue for the PB105? I would hope that summer gave the engineers time enough to resolve the bubble problem.

To date, Harman hasn't resolved the burnpot issue, the third stainless burnpot in my boiler has a bubble. I talked to my dealer yesterday, he mentioned to me that Harman is now testing a pb 105 boiler to determine temps in the combustion area. It seems to me that this is like closing the gate after the horse got out. IMHO, this testing should have been done prior to production of the boiler, at the very least when the burnpot bubble became an issue. I've been dealing with the issue nearly 4 years now and still Harman has not resolved it. Harman has even tried to blame me for the burnpot issue, telling my dealer that I'm not cleaning the holes in the burnpot, which really pi$$ed me off so.... I had my dealer send back to them a stainless burnpot that had been installed only 2 weeks, a bubble had started to form, some of the holes next to the bubble in the burnpot were already oval shaped from the metal expanding. After inspection of my burnpot, my understanding is that Harman has retracted the thought that the holes were not being cleaned.

Thanks for your update Wil. With all the burnpots that have been replaced under warranty it is hard to believe that they would suspect anything other than an inferior burnpot materials that can't handle the high temps. It baffles me that they have had this problem all this time and have not found resolution. Not what I would have expected from this company. I guess something can be said that they replace them under warranty but I wonder when that will stop.

I gave up and just drilled the holes out. I haven't had any issues with the burn pot or ignition. I do have an issue with the stove not shutting down. It was over temp and just kept feeding pellets. Guess its time for a new control board. I am thinking I should have gotten a different brand Harman is not so good on customer service with these boilers.

G'morning Mene, my guess is the (3-20-72180) AQUA TEMP SENSOR is bad. I replaced mine last year for the same issue. As far as the burnpot is concerned I'm getting tired of replacing the damn thing and my dealer is appears to be in the dark as much as I am. I say, enough already, get the damn thing fixed so we don't have to deal with it any more and call it a day. The silent treatment is getting old.

Thanks for the info that is much cheaper than a new board.

Status
Not open for further replies.