PDV 25 Combustion Blower advise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pellet rick

Minister of Fire
Nov 25, 2015
Pottstown PA.
I have a motor bearing going out so I am going to have to replace the motor very soon. The question that I am posing is . What is everyone's thought's on aftermarket verse's OEM part's.#1- Are the Englander Parts worth the extra basically $100.00 ? #2- are there any other combustion blowers out there that will work or move the air better than the original blower?

Mine wasn't the combustion motor, but the room air blower, but I went aftermarket. Was able to get it from Grainger with my work discount significantly cheaper than OEM. That was 5 years ago at least and its been going fine. My biggest concern with the combustion motor trying to go OEM would be getting the impeller off. That might be the only thing having me consider not going aftermarket, unless I was going to buy that, too.

Eric

Mine wasn't the combustion motor, but the room air blower, but I went aftermarket. Was able to get it from Grainger with my work discount significantly cheaper than OEM. That was 5 years ago at least and its been going fine. My biggest concern with the combustion motor trying to go OEM would be getting the impeller off. That might be the only thing having me consider not going aftermarket, unless I was going to buy that, too.

Eric
I can get an after market motor with the impeller already on it.

Just make sure it’s variable speed capable.

I was thinking about this one
20049_838cf7a4-e7a2-46bd-90b6-cebf69013faf_compact[1].png

From pellet head? They say the specs are the same but the one i have is not. It does work with variable speeds but it runs a little slower than the factory. I think its just the horse power thats a lil light. You know your stove rick and can probably fine tune it to work just fine.

From pellet head? They say the specs are the same but the one i have is not. It does work with variable speeds but it runs a little slower than the factory. I think its just the horse power thats a lil light. You know your stove rick and can probably fine tune it to work just fine.
Great now you answer. Lol. I just ordered it an hour ago. I hope it will work ok

You’ll be fine. :p And it is a good price.

Reactions: Pellet rick