PE baffel gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hh3f

Nov 18, 2005
Niantic Ct
I have a PE insert and when I clean it I remove the baffle along with that cheep gasket. When I first bought my stove 3 years ago I paid $2 bucks each for the things now they want $13 and change for them. Anyone no where I can get some of this material to make my own. PE if your listening I love your stove but your ripping us off on a 5 cent gasket.

Email or call Tom at Chimneysweeponline.com, the rear rectangular baffle gaskets are about $3.00 each. Just order a pack of 3.

I just got a three pack from Tom - he was waiting on a shipment from PE - I originally wanted to get 6.

He shipped them quickly in just a regular envelope - I think it was $11 for 3.

$3 a piece in Winnipeg, any day of the week @ Flame & Comfort. :)
At $13, it sounds like they are bending you over their counter and giving it to you dry!! :gulp:
......Unless the $13 is for a pack of 5. :coolsmile:

I am tempted to develop one out of thin stove window tape gasket. At least it wouldn't rip as easy.
Hmm aftermarket for $1.50 a pc. ;)

Hogwildz said:
I am tempted to develop one out of thin stove window tape gasket. At least it wouldn't rip as easy.

No reason that shouldn't work, if it fits...:)

Jimbob said:
Hogwildz said:

Might have to use a dab of furnace cement where the two ends meet.
Or get the daughter & OL to braid the ends together. Then watch them itch for the next several days. * Evil grin* Ugg Ugg

Hogwildz said:
Jimbob said:
Hogwildz said:

Or get the daughter & OL to braid the ends together. Then watch them itch for the next several days. * Evil grin* Ugg Ugg

:lol:

Mine tore the first time I cleaned the stove. It's been burning since January without one in it. Well I put part of it back in. They burn fine without them.

I believe the gasket is there so it will prevent particles of ash being sucked up and clogging the material in the baffel. Over a period of time this may diminish the effectiveness of your secondary burn. Or maybe not. Let us know after a few seasons.
Now back to the material. What I would like to find is a sheet of material that is compilable to the original gasket so I can cut my own. Im thinking of going to a boiler supplier and see if they might have something. It looks like the gasket that is uses on burners motors where they connect to the combustion might be the same material. Now only to get it in sheet and at a reasonable price. I will most likely buy some gaskets from Chimneysweeponline.com but in time I think his prices will increase and force alot of us to find a suitable replacement. I plan on burning this stove for the next 25 years and my local supplier has gone from $2 to $14 for one of these just think what were going to pay in 5 to 10 years.

bbc557ci said:
What's the phone no. for Tom at thechimneysweeponline :question:

Thanks

You can go to www.chimneysweeponline.com & email him from there, or get the phone number at the bottom of the start page.

Status
Not open for further replies.