PE experts! How is this deal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad deal with the piping. Check it for cracks along the welds all around the front inner and door opening. Its a 2005. You could always start by offering 500, and then go up if needed. $700.00 is a good price, if it is in good shape structurally.

Decent deal if the insides don't show problems or abuse.

1994, much older too. I don't remember when they switched to stainless steel baffles but that is one thing to watch out for. Tom (@thechimneysweep) would know better when that occurred.

Considering you are in their neck of the woods, maybe call for a visit and see if they sell factory seconds.

Thanks Begreen. That second one looks nice but it's age worries me and I was wondering how that first one had so much rust on the inside?
I'll call pe tomorrow and see if they have seconds.
Thanks again!

The first stove didn't look too rusty inside to me. Heat accelerates oxidation. If the stove was stored in a damp area rust will happen quickly. If the interior bricks are good and rails and the baffle are ok, then I wouldn't worry too much about the surface rust. An exterior repaint would clean it up nicely.

The first one seems the better deal to me. Espescially wth the pipe. If the chimney and stove check out to be in good condition I'd say that's a good deal. It only takes some elbow grease to have it looking brand new again.

These are Canadian dollar prices too.

Thanks again for all the help. We have decided to get a small ductless minisplit for the room. It used to be a shop so the wiring is all there and I wasn't t sure I wanted to double my firewood efforts.

Thanks again for all the help. We have decided to get a small ductless minisplit for the room. It used to be a shop so the wiring is all there and I wasn't t sure I wanted to double my firewood efforts.
For a rec room, this sounds like a good decision to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.