PE owners and anyone else... am i overfiring?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
i noticied that my baffle was red not bright glowing red but red i reduced the air and the flames are gone ..its black again was i over firing???
i had 2-3 splits that were burning nice could see secondary going strong and the air was closer to the L than the H
was this an overfire or just normal???
thanks
ps I am a PROUD pe summit insert owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah baby!!!

Normal

im new to my summit to.but i dont think it should be black.means that its not burning cleanly.get a magnetic thermometer and stick it to the top right hand corner.

It was normal before he cut the air back and killed the flames...

thanks i am gonna fire it up again!!!!!!!!!

Baffle & coals glowing good. Anywhere else= bad. ;)

My flame rails occasionally glow, and so does that retaining pin @ the back of the firebox. Neither glow when running @ a higher air setting, just when turned down to about 10 cm. from lowest setting. :blank:

Status
Not open for further replies.