PE Super Classic install questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

cstamm81

Nov 5, 2011
Leesport, PA
Hello everyone. I just moved into a new house and I brought my PE Super Classic with me. I have a brick ranch home, with an all brick fireplace. I’m abandoning the fire place and I had a SS liner installed in the flue, insulated of course.
From what I am reading, I should be able to place the back of the stove as close to the brick wall as I want, as it is a true non combustible wall. There seems to be no wood or other combustibles in this wall, it’s simply multiple course of brick. The other side of this wall is a finished breezeway, but the brick is exposed on that side as well.
I will have 18” plus from the side of the stove to a drywall wall, and about 24” from the flue pipe to the drywall ceiling.
1. Any concerns if I put the stove very close to this brick wall? I understand a little room for airflow could be beneficial with efficiency, but my main concern is making sure there are no fire hazards.
2. I’m attaching pics of the data plate and how my stove is sitting right now. Other than the fact that I should have some floor protection under the single wall pipe as it angles from the stove to the flue, see any issues with my proposed install?

Thanks in advance for any input. 53B8FF91-4805-4719-83BF-BBB8870D5568.jpeg8FF7F379-8700-4418-BDF3-D41FE8A804F8.jpegCFA5538B-C66A-4034-B832-4F3DAAA96FF1.jpeg

Why not put the stove right under the flue pipe in front of the fireplace?

Yes you can put it closer to the brick than the listed cleanrace to combustibles as long as your positive it’s solid brick. My summit is 4” off my non combustible wall and it gets warm to the touch but not hot.
E8D446E5-6CD0-4626-9797-008F54A7F228.jpeg

My house is quite small and I have to maximize all of my space. So, I’m trying it offset like this for two reasons. One, down the road I want to build a raised hearth and use the empty fireplace cavern for wood storage. And two, I need as much space on the other side of the fireplace for a custom cabinet setup to house my record collection. I need to keep the hat as far away from the stove as possible.
I’m hoping it will heat fairly well tucked in the corner the way it is.