Peavey manufacturing hume pickaroon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Nocattom

Jan 1, 2013
Maryland
Happy new year!
Just wanted to let you know. I like using my new pickaroon. Makes bucking and splitting a little easier on the back. If you have ever thought about getting one, this wood hoarder recommends them. It's a Peavey Hume 36inch.
The Echo cs490 in the pic is a couple years old and running without a problem. Plenty of power, rips through oak, locust, no problem. Just get a better chain than one it comes with. Fiskars x27 is a beast.
20171230_131715.jpg

I've been using that same 36" Peavey Hume head pickaroon for a good many years, and I absolutely love it.

Originally, I thought it would be heavy because it doesn't have the aluminum handle found on much more expensive models, but I was very wrong. It's much lighter than it looks, has nice balance, and and its curves provide better handling than straight handled models. It's one of those tools I strongly regret not owning decades ago.

Happy new year!
Just wanted to let you know. I like using my new pickaroon. Makes bucking and splitting a little easier on the back. If you have ever thought about getting one, this wood hoarder recommends them. It's a Peavey Hume 36inch.
The Echo cs490 in the pic is a couple years old and running without a problem. Plenty of power, rips through oak, locust, no problem. Just get a better chain than one it comes with. Fiskars x27 is a beast.
View attachment 219385

I've been using that same 36" Peavey Hume head pickaroon for a good many years, and I absolutely love it.

Originally, I thought it would be heavy because it doesn't have the aluminum handle found on much more expensive models, but I was very wrong. It's much lighter than it looks, has nice balance, and and its curves provide better handling than straight handled models. It's one of those tools I strongly regret not owning decades ago.

Based on these comments I may need to explore this as an option. The Peavey pickaroon Was mentioned in another thread recently. I just bought a 36” Council Tool pickaroon and I am not really sold on it. I think I need to consider the Peavey. I have the 28” Fiskars and love it, but it’s a bit short for some applications. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a 36" Peavey. One of these days I'm going to get a short one too. I think it'll be handy in some situations and when I've got the wife working with me; she's always grabbing it.