Pel Pro pp130 Thermostat

turtle619

Jan 6, 2018
Ohio
I just purchased a Pel Pro pp130 and was wondering if there was any way you can wire up a thermostat for these pellet stoves?

Ssyko

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2017
Lorraine NY
Do you see a place to hook one up on or near the control board. If you have an Acutron II control (manufactured after 2003), then it is also equipped to have a thermostat added if there is a connection box labeled T-Stat Input on the control panel

turtle619

Jan 6, 2018
Ohio
I didn't see a place on the board but it has a temperature probe wired to board and i dont understand why you cant replace that with a thermostat. The probe senses heat and tells unit when to shut down and turn on and when it's reached set point. Same thing a thermostat does. So i was think you could take off the probe wires and wire up stat at that section of board.

mar1957

Jan 16, 2018
Nova Scotia
I didn't see a place on the board but it has a temperature probe wired to board and i dont understand why you cant replace that with a thermostat. The probe senses heat and tells unit when to shut down and turn on and when it's reached set point. Same thing a thermostat does. So i was think you could take off the probe wires and wire up stat at that section of board.
I have the same model and was wondering the same thing, Did this work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ssyko

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2017
Lorraine NY
Thermostats are basically an on of switch when used with a furnace or stove. The probe is either a resistance or thermocouple sensor that sends a predetermined voltage to the control board to decide when it has reached temp. If you tap into this i may have adverse effects to the control board circuitry.

Reactions: xseabee

c.stevens

Mar 3, 2019
Midwest
If you're talking about the Pelpro pp130 with the dial control, you don't have many options for adding a thermostat. The only thing I found that worked is the Pellet Miser thermostat adapter. They used to be sold on EBay, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Attachments