Pel Pro pp130 Thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

turtle619

Jan 6, 2018
Ohio
I just purchased a Pel Pro pp130 and was wondering if there was any way you can wire up a thermostat for these pellet stoves?

Do you see a place to hook one up on or near the control board. If you have an Acutron II control (manufactured after 2003), then it is also equipped to have a thermostat added if there is a connection box labeled T-Stat Input on the control panel

I didn't see a place on the board but it has a temperature probe wired to board and i dont understand why you cant replace that with a thermostat. The probe senses heat and tells unit when to shut down and turn on and when it's reached set point. Same thing a thermostat does. So i was think you could take off the probe wires and wire up stat at that section of board.

I didn't see a place on the board but it has a temperature probe wired to board and i dont understand why you cant replace that with a thermostat. The probe senses heat and tells unit when to shut down and turn on and when it's reached set point. Same thing a thermostat does. So i was think you could take off the probe wires and wire up stat at that section of board.
I have the same model and was wondering the same thing, Did this work for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thermostats are basically an on of switch when used with a furnace or stove. The probe is either a resistance or thermocouple sensor that sends a predetermined voltage to the control board to decide when it has reached temp. If you tap into this i may have adverse effects to the control board circuitry.

Reactions: xseabee
If you're talking about the Pelpro pp130 with the dial control, you don't have many options for adding a thermostat. The only thing I found that worked is the Pellet Miser thermostat adapter. They used to be sold on EBay, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,749