Pellet boiler shopping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first heating season with the Windhager Biowin and so far I'm very happy with it. I've burned about 2.5 tons since October in my 2300 sq ft home and have only had to clean the boiler once and dump the ashbin once. Dumping the ashbin took all of five minutes and cleaning the unit took about 20 - 30 minutes depending on how fast you work. Another pro of the Windhager is that Marc, the Windhager distributor who posts on this site, has been very responsive and helpful with all of the questions I've had about the unit since I purchased it.

When I was pellet boiler shopping I looked at the Harman units. The HF60 looked like is a very small unit and I'm somewhat skeptical that it can put out 60K BTU. The PB105 has had issues with the burnpot. There are posts on this site disucssing that in much greater detail. Also the PB105 price was nearly as much as the Windhagers and the Kedels go for.

I have no first hand experience with the Kedel. Wanted to check one out in person but never got the chance to.

I'm happy with the Biowin and there are plenty of others on this site who own Windhager units as well that have shared their experiences. I'd suggest that anyone who's in the market for a pellet boiler make an attempt to see each unit with their own eyes and get a demo before making a decision.

Reactions: Love the Heat
Status
Not open for further replies.