Pellet dump zone control question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbulator

Dec 2, 2011
Western PA
Hello. I have a few posts here describing my Tarm system. Basically it's a 5 zone system, 5th zone being the garage and dump zone combined. It is thermostat controlled but has an aquastat override. It isn't digital it's a dial control.

What I am trying to do is avoid the boiler going into pilot mode and building up a lot of creosote, and trying to keep it somewhat efficient. I can either try to set the override right at the same temp as the dump setting, however that can change based on what I have my water temp set at....Besides it seems pretty hard to do with a dial aquastat - not sure if a digital would really help though.

Would it make sense to install a control relay that is tied into the pilot mode control off the board so that when the boiler goes into pilot, the dump zone kicks on via relay? Seems easy enough as long as I get a relay coil to match the board voltage. I'd have to call Tarm and see if there is enough amperage to run a relay coil however....
Maybe there is even an aux out for this? I guess I'd have to call to be sure...

Wondering how anyone else might have their dump zones set up to be the most efficient?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.