Pellet Insert Into a Electric Fireplace Mantle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Advisor

Jan 13, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
A cousin of mine gave me a 2007 King FP-35 Insert. I do not have a real fireplace and I was wondering if its even possible to install it into an electric fireplace mantle and have a chimney installed behind it as long as I can fireproof the area.

Another question. Could I build a stand for it and use it to warm a garage? Or are they only designed to go into a real fireplace?

Im sure both would work but for the insurance company thats a different story.

Look at the install manual. That is the guide.
It will tell you what is an acceptable install,
based on controlled testing by the manufacturer.

Reactions: Advisor
Is electric your main source of heat?
My main source of heat is a pellet furnace but I do have electric all around the house if I need to use it. Not sure what I am going to with that insert. I might weld together a stand on wheels and hook it up in the garage when i need heat and disconnected when not in use lol not 100% sure yet.

Attachments

• 122575B0-E4FF-41ED-81DF-9A2AD9948B9E.png
    122575B0-E4FF-41ED-81DF-9A2AD9948B9E.png
    202.6 KB · Views: 134