Pellet insert on interior wall? see diagram

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

romanservices

Nov 24, 2021
USA
Can I put a pellet stove on an interior wall?

We have gotten rid of our oil fired boiler and are just using a heat pump. while that works well I'd like to have a second source of heat. My thought was to get a zero clearance pellet stove and cut an opening on an interior wall that backs to the boiler room. Finding a zero clearance isn't the issue but finding someone who has the knowledge to tell me this is a bad or good idea is. The boiler room is a concrete floor and chimney is accessible, the pellet stove would sit in the same foot print as the boiler did. I'd add some type non combustible flooring under the stove. on the back side rather than leaving everything exposed I would build a removeable enclosure per minimum clearance specifications probably out of cement board and steel 2x4

Thoughts? & thanks

Room.jpg

I see no reason not to
It would look like a fireplace
and give you access to the back of the stove.
I took an old 0 clearance fireplace out and installed a pellet stove in its place
took a little reworking but it has been their 20 years.
Welcome to the forum

DSCF1044.JPG

I see no reason not to
It would look like a fireplace
and give you access to the back of the stove.
I took an old 0 clearance fireplace out and installed a pellet stove in its place
took a little reworking but it has been their 20 years.
Welcome to the forum

View attachment 286245
Thanks, i called a few vendors/installers and they seemed reluctant, one went as far as to say they've never done anything like that and told me it wouldn't be smart to hire someone to do something they've never done.

This will be a self install.

That's a pretty cool idea, and you won't need to cut holes in the house to vent your stove. Keep us updated on the progress of your build (with pictures!).

Reactions: clancey
That looks great. You do nice work!

that is awesome 😎. Maintenance is gonna be easy to ;)