Pellet insert/stove use more electricity ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wally1234

Hearth Supporter
Sep 5, 2010
CT
I don't have one but looking to buy, but has anyone noticed a spike in their electric bill using these?

Between the overhead ceiling paddle fan, (2) warm mist humidifies, and pellet stove, increase of approx. $35.00 / month here - but only an estimate, due to selective portable (1500 watt) space heater use also during the winter months.

$7-10.00/month

My electric bill in the summer is between 100-130 per month. I run a window unit ac and a dehumidifier in the basement 24/7 and that uses costs about a dollar a day just to run the dehumidifier. In the winter my bill is about 90 per month the fans and electrical components in a stove uses minimal electricity. I am running the stove 24hrs per day 7 days a week from Dec on basically

My P61 uses between 79-160W during normal operation. According to my P3 Kill A Watt meter.

My bill during summer is $50-60 (no AC, small house, 1 person, no electric appliances). Using two stoves, I'm around $90/month. Last year that included a doorway fan, a tower fan and a ceiling fan. Hoping my set up this year negates the need for all the fans - but those really use negligible electricity, the blowers and igniters on the stove are the big users.

The warm air thrown negates any minor electric draws. You really will not notice any increase. Pellets stoves do not use much and the draw of the ignitor is slim comparatively speaking. So no, you will not open any shocker electric bills monthly the entire heating season once you install and heat with a pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.